Sunday, March 11, 2012

MAC Week 2: Write or Present...the Lesser of Two Evils

I have really been at war in a small scale form inside my head about this decision. I've gone through mountains and mole hills for each method.
On one hand, writing has been some what of a struggle for me throughout this program. I have not before EMDT been required to write APA style and it has been a challenge getting my work to the point it is currently at. I am proud of my growth in this area, however know that I have a long way to go. Part of me wants to choose the writing option as this is something I want to further strengthen and get better at.
On the other hand, presenting has been something I have been working at getting better at for some time too. I used to loathe the thought of speaking in front of an audience of anyone that was not a middle school student. Open House and Meet the Teacher night at my school was filled with the thoughts of anxiety, clammy hands, and sweaty arm pits! However, a wonderful mentor of mine began forcing me into situations such as running staff developments, parent nights, etc. I still get nervous but feel as though this is something I am getting better at and want to continue to improve on. The presentation option would also contain writing in the speaker notes, and so I think I would like to give the presentation a go. I will present my Capstone Project and hopefully as a result gain more confidence in my skills!

1 comment:

  1. Great pros and cons, thinking out loud, i'm sure that you're going to do fantastically.

    ReplyDelete