Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week 4 Wimba

What a strange situation I found myself in this week. I made it Wimba, was all ready to share my project and was actually looking forward to getting feedback from our wonderful instructor and classmates. But alas, this was not possible....somehow my picture and sound would not stay on while in Safari, and then Firefox would not allow me to press the talk button. So I spectated as a mute, but was given a voice through texting Dorreen & Hunter and they share my thoughts. I was fortunate enough to also have Dorreen view my presentation and send me some wonderful feedback through email. She gave me some great suggestions on how to make my slides flow better and be more consistent throughout my presentation. By simply changing some titles and subheadings, and flipping some text, it looks better already!! I truly appreciate her help with this. Dorreen has been a big supporter of mine throughout this program. She, Hunter, & I were placed in a group together early on in the program and have cheered each other on ever since. I would not have made it this far without their help and encouragement.
I am also fortunate to have a cousin who lives near by that I consider very savvy in the world of presentations, editing, writing, critiques, basically everything I needed in a critical eye to look over my project. I presented to her live and in person last night and she took some wonderful notes and gave me critical feedback when I was finished. She suggested that I explain some of the acronyms that I used in my presentation, such as explaining what EMDT means. She also suggested that I somehow supply my audience with a list of all the wonderful Web 2.0 tools that I speak of. I mention several times that there are tons of free tools out there, but only elaborate on two of the ones that I used most. I am thinking to add a Wordle slide with names of the tools I learned about, and perhaps try to add some more graphics. She said she likes that I referenced articles and sources within the presentation.
I am thankful to have gotten such good suggestions, I think with these in my pocket I will be able to get my presentation right where it needs to be!

2 comments: