Friday, March 16, 2012

MAC Week 3-My Response to Blogged on Phonics by Hunter

Original Post:

MAC Wk 3: The Art of Possibilities, Chapters 5 - 8

The Infinite Possibilities Tube!

Benjamin Zander, YOU awaken the mind in a refreshing way like no other. I live to awaken the possibility within others. The truth is, if people are at a level 4 out of 10 in their life of possibilities, they cannot just jump to level 9 or 10. They must go through level 5, 6, 7, and 8 first. That takes so much time and so much care. Benjamin, you smile as you speak and I can tell that you smile when you write. How did you even conceive having students write about who they will become by the end of the year? That is pure genius. You are transforming souls, not just minds. You tell us to stay away from the downward spiraling conversations. You applaud the greatest leaders who have the ability to distinguish the downward spiral and move people to empowering radiating possibilities. If you were in charge of the planet, there would be world peace! Do you want everyone to just love their neighbor as themselves? Well, please sign me up! And then your chapter, ‘How much greatness are we willing to grant?’ Ok., how did you invent that title?! We must have lunch. We can eat at ‘Rule Number 6.’ They have an excellent strudel there. You are the problem-solver of the world, and Roz probably taught you everything you know, of course (wink wink). Thank you for intervening to help so many people out there. I’m offering help whenever needed. Hey, that’s what great friends are for! Let’s do lunch soon – my treat for sure!   - Hunter
 
My Response:
 
Once again smiling and chuckling as I read your blog post. This book is just so amazing isn't it? So awesome that we are all enjoying it so much. You and I are having a lot of the same takes on the chapters. So thankful that this literature was shared with us. I surely wish I had read this book before this school year because so many of the concepts shared would have been great for me to use early on-like the writing about who you will become by the end of the year that you mention and many others. I definitely will be incorporating a lot of these ideas into my classroom atmosphere next year, truly looking forward to it. The small amount that I have been able to work in the past couple weeks has been so great!! Again, glad to see you are having so much fun with it too =)

No comments:

Post a Comment