Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week 3 Wimba Post

Holy food allergy!!! Swollen mouth and hives kept me from the Wimba tonight, so disappointing. Looks like not many were in attendance and I would've liked to have been a part of the discussion on the reading. Especially the part where the class discussed how they are going to take the ideas of the reading and use them in their teaching and their lives. I've already taken some of these ideas back as I stated in previous blogs and it is going over so well. Discussions have popped up in other classes and teachers have commented on the statements that students are making. On the outside of our classroom doors at my school we have a poster that says "Right now I'm reading...." and I printed a picture of the book cover for the Art of Possibility and posted it. I've had so many teachers inquire what the book is about, and now my principal is seeing about getting a staff set of the books for anyone who would like to check them out. Teaching at a Title 1 school often times consists a lot of  building kids confidence and spirits, and giving them self worth. This book just so goes hand in hand with a lot we try to do at Howard Middle School. There was also more discussion about the Leadership Project and how we are going to present it in the Wimba session. Ten minutes to share, eek! Why does ten minutes feel so long, but I know when the time comes it may not feel like enough time! After presentation time there will be time for peer feed back. I am so looking forward to this. My classmates have given me amazing feed back and support throughout this year long EMDT journey and I am so thankful for it. Nice to hear to that our instructor is enjoying reading our work =)

1 comment: