Saturday, March 10, 2012

Response to Hunter's Blogtastic Blog

The Art of Possibilities - Chapter 1 to 4

Our MAC course textbook, 'The Art of Possibilities,' is one of those rare books that pulls you in and makes you smile at least once every page. Can you imagine the conversations that must occur around the authors', Rosamund and Benjamin Zander’s supper table?! I want to fall into any one of these conversations. This book takes my brain on a journey somewhat like the book, ‘A Whack On The Side Of The Head.’ Every page had possibilities – never roadblocks. The book's perspective of people like Picasso, unveiled limitless options all based on perception. So is it good to be limitless in thought? Well, you may be in the minority and you are probably highly misunderstood. The truth is that the world is not ready for 'infinite' thinkers and people cannot jump from a level 10 to a level 50 right away. It takes one-step level at a time, and then some comfort time with that level before the mind can accept moving up one more level. So how do we get to the top level of possibilities? I am planning to just invite myself over to the Zander’s house. When they find out I’m in month 11 of EMDT at Full Sail, they will want to hear how amazing it is. Hey, I'll do anything for a free supper! The 'Possibilities' are endless!

MY RESPONSE:

I feel like I know you well enough now that I can hear your voice as I read this post. I can totally see you cracking a smile and having a slight chuckle every couple pages. I couldn't agree more. This book was such an awesome and entertaining read. I took so much of this immediately back to my job and into my classroom. Awesome stuff!!! I will join you at their dinner table anytime. I can just imagine the conversation that goes on, actually getting to see the games in action-and then you added to the mix would be absolutely priceless. Let me know when you're headed to the Zander's house, I'll meet you there!!

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment